August 17, 2007

Back from Cincinnati and Wisconsin

Thanks for asking. I was gone, but I brought you something. In Cincinnati, I attended the shoot for Bootsy Collins' new video. You know Bootsy, right? He's from Cincinnati, where he got his start at age 15 playing bass for James Brown (who recorded at the Queen City's famous King Records). Now Bootsy's settled there and has his own recording studio. My brother's a musician and teacher in Cincinnati and recently worked on a project with him. So, when Bootsy needed some young musicians for his Bengals music video, "Who Dey," he called Bruce. (The Bootzilla devoted Bengals fan.) I took some pictures. The setting is a tacky river boat nightclub on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River. Those are real stadium characters around the margins. (If you click on the pix they should get bigger.)






ps: some more Bootsy sites:
http://www.funky-stuff.com/bootsy/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlHzHLGL60c&mode=related&search=
(this is a highly recommended campy funk Godzilla inflected weirdness)

3 comments:

mike c said...

LookIN FUNK- EEEE

Jeremy Flick said...

Bootsy...another reason I am proud to be from Cincinnati.

Jeremy Flick said...

Bootsy...another reason I am proud to be from Cincinnati